Check In / Check Out Procedures
- Check-in Time: Sundays from 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Arriving at Camp: Please enter the main gates of Otter Creek Recreational Park where a camp staff member will ask the driver of the vehicle to put their hazards on for the stretch of road to camp. Once through the main gate of camp, please follow the parking directions and leave all belongings inside your vehicle. *NOTE: The main gate at YMCA Camp Piomingo will not open on check-in Sundays until 3:00pm, please do not arrive earlier, as we will not be able to check in your camper(s)*
- Sign-in: In the Dining Hall, a parent, guardian, or other authorized adult must check the camper in with our camp staff. Please note that we will be checking in a lot of campers, we ask that you are patient and realize that there may be a line.
- Health Care and Medications: All medications must be turned in to the camp nurse, who will also be located in the Dining Hall during check-in. This includes vitamins and herbal remedies. All campers will also participate in a head check for lice.
- Family Gong Photo and Mail: You and your family will have the chance to take a family gong photo before heading back to your camper’s cabin. Also, if you would like to drop off any mail for your camper, please do so at the check-in table
- Check out time: Saturdays 8:45am – 9:45amFrontier Check out: Wednesdays 9:00am
- Arriving at Camp: Please enter the main gates of Otter Creek Recreational Park where a camp staff member will ask the driver of the vehicle to put their hazards on for the stretch of road to camp. Once through the magical gates of camp, please follow the parking directions and join us under the pavilion. *NOTE: The main gate at YMCA Camp Piomingo will not open on check-out Saturdays until 8:45am, please do not arrive earlier, as we will not be able to check out your camper(s)*
- Sign-out: Only an authorized person will be allowed to pick up a camper. A person is authorized if their name is listed in the authorization section of your camper’s registration, which can be updated via your Camp Brain account. All persons authorized to pick up a camper must show photo ID at the time of pick up. Campers will not be released to anyone failing to show photo ID.
- Medications: Please make sure to collect any medications from the nurse, who is located next to the check-out table under the pavilion.
- Lost and Found: Please make sure to check the lost and found before leaving camp. Lost and Found items are kept in the health center for 2 weeks and then donated to charity. Please call the camp office to inquire about missing items and if/when items are found, YMCA Camp Piomingo will call families to make arrangements for getting those items back. Please understand that any expense in doing so will be up to the family to cover. YMCA Camp Piomingo is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or broken items.
- Merchandise, Early Bird, and Annual Campaign: Our camp store will be open on check-out day for you to purchase any camp merchandise. We will also have a table set up with more information regarding Early Bird registration for next summer (yes, next summer!) and our Annual Campaign, which helps send campers to camp.
*Please note that your camper(s) will be back in their units on check out day. We ask that you walk to their unit to pick them up. However, we will make exceptions to driving depending on the circumstance. Please speak to a staff member at the check out table to arrange this.*
Packing for Success:
To help you decide what to pack for your camper, we have provided a basic packing list below. Please label your camper’s luggage/bin/tote, as well as all of their clothing and equipment with his or her first initial and last name.