GENERATIONS OF SUMMER CAMP MEMORIES
For more than 75 years Camp Piomingo has provided inspiring, engaging and educational co-ed camp programs for children ages 6-16 — all supervised by experienced and caring staff members. Camp is who we are.
Piomingo’s 120-acre campus has been home to countless friendships, life lessons and summertime memories for generations of campers, earning Piomingo a reputation as one of the premier overnight camps in the region.
THE PIOMINGO MISSION
At YMCA Camp Piomingo we believe in the potential of every child. That’s why we strive to create an environment that brings out the best in each camper. With a variety of artistic, athletic and team-based activities, Piomingo campers are given daily opportunities to find out who they are, who they want to be, and then — with the support of friends and our caring staff — develop the confidence and character to become that person.
- To have FUN in a safe and friendly environment
- To challenge each individual in spirit, mind, and body
- To foster an understanding of international relationships and cultural diversity
- To encourage an appreciation of the natural environment
- To instill courage, confidence, and character in all our campers, guests, and staff
OUR YMCA MISSION
As the overnight camp of the Greater Louisville YMCA our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs which build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
OUR YMCA CORE VALUES
Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility are the character values we instill in our campers, guests, and staff through intentional programming and relationship building.